Weirdale Storytelling Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land Ho!

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Land Ho!     - Page 2 Empty Re: Land Ho!

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:26 am

Silwyth stands. "Uncle, this is your party, so I hope you don't mind me answering my mother's question more thoroughly. I can't promise that it's all good news."
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:27 am

"My ship is for business and pleasure, nephew," Damian sits back down and rests a hand on his shoulder. "Speak your mind. I'll kill the Queen." He reaches in his pocket for a remote to the music playing across the deck, and "Don't Stop Me Now" pauses in its place.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:36 am

Aydn just sits quietly, listening to the exchange and to Silwyth.
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:39 am

Silwyth sighs and smiles, albeit briefly, before launching into his theory. "Very well.  Between what I've read from Adyn and what Seranna has told me, we've kicked over a beehive by helping Viper falls the way we have.  I don't regret a thing for even a second, mind you, that's not where I'm going with this.  Adyn...colourfully described fighting some horrors that fit a theory that came to mind as soon as he used the word 'demon,' so I asked Seranna some pointed questions.  

Syn, the creature that 'made' her sisters, is apparently a creature known as a marilith, a snake-humanoid demon loyal to the chaotic darkness of the Abyss.  I then pored over some books in the library and spoke to uncle Vendricus, and speculated that the creature this 'demon hunter' turned into might be an 'osyluth,' which is a creature loyal to the tyrannical legions of the nine hells, Baator.  These two forces of darkness, to use the most ridiculous understatement... do not like each other.  I remember father mentioning it once when speaking about his time as a member of Aidar's Union of Adventure, and he has confirmed my fears.  We... might have stepped in something we are, as of now, not as prepared for as we could be"

He then turns toward Aydn.  "Adyn, your demon hunter... the one that turned into the osyluth, he actually fought the other  demons you encountered, yes?"
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:46 am

Aydn shrugs, "I was mostly dead at the time so I can't swear it, but that's what I hear. Apparently it wasn't uncommon for invading demons to attack each other."
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:47 am

"On the way, though... Yes."
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:03 am

"I wasn't dead," Aurora nods her agreement. "That's what happened. Two of those Garbage Birds landed and one of them started trying to bite Fail Hunter."
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:06 am

Silwyth nods grimly. "That's what I was afraid of." He sighs loudly. "We may now have the attention of one or both sides of the blood war. Particularly once we consecrate that temple... Which we should still do."
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:16 am

"I assumed Merdari already had," Aurora blinks.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:19 am

"She probably has by now, I'm just saying, if we didn't have their attention by fighting a bunch of their foot soldiers, we do now by cutting off one of their recruiting avenues. Again, not that I regret taking that action, but it's a thing we need to prepare for now."
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:21 am

"Not much for it, by the sound of things." Aydn observes. "If they come knocking, we just have to be as ready as possible. I'm not necessarily the most experienced at stabbing extraplanar monstrosities, but it seems they bleed pretty well. Sort of."
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:23 am

"They do if one is armed to do so... which is what I need to pick up the pace on. I have some irons in the fire to that end, if you'll pardon the pun, and as soon as I know enough to act on, I'll share that. The... um... avenues I'm pursuing are... rather trying to line up."
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:33 am

Aydn seems a hesitant, but doesn't address its source outright. He only shrugs. "Don't rush unless you need to, if they're worrisome. I'd intended to see what I can begin to dig up in the way of components, anyway, if I can sort out what I'd even need. I can probably hunt down Ethain to finish it off when it comes to that, if he hasn't been dragged off somewhere by the kids by then. I think most everyone else seemed relatively well-suited."

He turns to Aurora, "What about Selathanael? I don't really know the extent of what he carries."
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:23 am

"I don't believe his blade is magical, no," Aurora shakes her head. "Vengeance makes mine do magic damage, but Selathanael needs something. He has the option to do Sparkley Paladin Love Damage, but that's not an every-swing kind of thing. Plus, I wouldn't hate making my Blade of Vengeance a little bit stronger." She smiles wickedly. "Is something wrong? You don't sound excited."

She looks back at Silwyth. "Don't worry your perfect haircut about it, Your Princliness! Your people won't let you down. Not that I'm taking it lightly. Those demons were disgusting. But we killed them once, and we can do it again. Ex, Er. Lady Strange, did you not used to command a Marilith?"

Extelle chuckles. "Someone's read our family history."

"Yeah, when Ezra showed up," Aurora admits. "What was it like?"

"She was very powerful. I used her to duel Vecna in single combat in Omedon's honor."

"Well," Aurora puts her head in her hand. "Shit."
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 am

Silwyth smiles. "I like your spirit, Aurora. I just want you folks to know that I'm aware of the problem, and am looking for solutions. On top of arming you, I also have the home guard to think about, and if we're fighting things that shrug off standard steel, that's my job to bring in the arms that will address that."

He refills his cider and raises his mug. "We did indeed beat them, and we'll beat them again, to victory!"
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 am

Damian pounds his fist against his thick wooden table. "To victory!!"

"To victory!" Aurora cheers, and Archer and Extelle lift their glasses and offer the same words.

"Wow, the whole guard with magic weapons. We'll be the best militia in all the realms," Aurora smiles.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:18 am

Aydn shakes his head and manages a more realistic smile as Aurora asks, "Eh, paranoid old man. It happens. Can't help it after a while. Of course I'm excited for everyone."

Listening as Extelle describes the Marilith, and Aurora facepalms, he cracks up laughing. "Glad we didn't meet up with one of those yet after all! Good to know, though."

Raising a glass with the rest, he adds his own, "To victory!"
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:29 am

Silwyth drinks deeply then hugs his uncle Damian suddenly, planting a big, exaggerated kiss on his cheek. "That was from Angr!"
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:15 am

Damian laughs and pats his back. "I'd ask you to hug kiss her back for me, but knowing the way you kiss her, that's not the kind of message I wanna send to my niece-in-law."

Aurora finishes her glass of cider. "It's good to finally have you here, Damian."

"Yeah," he frowns. "I'm sorry it took me so long. I should have just sucked it up and come more often anyway, but I felt like there was no place for me here. I'm meant to be on the water. I don't feel right being landlocked."
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:51 am

"Speaking of Angr, I should be on my way, the work of a ruler is never done, but I have enjoyed this brief respite to visit my friends and family, take care all!"

He bows gallantly and makes his way down the ladder and back to the boat where the ferrymen await him.
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:06 am

Aydn waves after Silwyth, bidding him farewell as he heads back towards the ferry.

Turning back to the table afterward, he stares at the map-pieces-in-progress and drops his head into his hands. He pulls them across his face until they're set aside each temple, propping it up. "Guess a sextant's going to be a poor way to map... extraplanar things. Ethain runs his face all the time about 'planar coordinates' and such, but I know there's got to be a whole load more to it than that, and paper seems... a poor medium for something that's not flat." He sighs. "Suppose we'll be able to mark known sites of incursions or rifts or whatever, though."

Yep, he's not the best at this whole 'relax-and-party' thing.
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Extelle kisses her son goodbye and excuses herself, with a hug and cheek kiss from Damian, to retire as well.

"Let's start with just a regular map of where we are, and we'll go from there," Aurora offers. "We'll get it. Don't worry. Think about how far we've come already. I read somewhere that if you're overwhelmed by what's in front of you, just remember what's behind, and how far you've come. Although I have to give you that if this is yours and your friend's idea of a vacation, I don't envy your work life!"

"'Course it's a good vacation," Damian sighs, leaning back in his bolted-down chair and propping his feet up on the table now that it is clear of food. "There are unknown places to explore, and this weekend, I'll take ya on a cruise that kicks Carnival's ass any day of the week."

Aurora, somewhat familiar with Midgard, giggles into her palm.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Aydn's hands drop to the table over each other and he turns a smile to Aurora. "I don't think he anticipated most of this. Still, even with demons it soundly beats a desk. I'm convinced those are torture contraptions meant to legitimately drive a person insane. Have to put up with it for a a chunk of years every so often."

He gestures a hand toward Damian. "Now that [i]does[i] sound like a vacation. I have no idea what Carnival is, but with that for a name it has to be vacation-worthy."
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:01 pm

"Aydn, you can have any kind of vacation you want on my ship. We can sail to Asgard and dine with the warrior gods and their fallen heroes, or we can tour uncharted stars. You name it, we'll do it. That's what The Star is all about: boldly doing whatever the fuck you want, and to Hell with anyone who tries to tell you that you can't," he grins. "I've got some canons we can fire at desks, if ya like."

Aurora laughs and stretches in her seat. "I'll see ya this weekend, Damian. I've got to get home to the BAE. It's getting late and he worries about me, especially since I've decided I want to keep Vengeance around."

Damian fetches two cold bottles of cider and hands them to her. "Here ya go, darlin'. Take one home to your paladin. Make him come with you this weekend, it'll be good for'em."
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethain Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:25 am

"Cannons sound pretty fantastic, won't lie about that." Aydn pins the edge of the papers down with his drink and slouches back in the chair. "I wouldn't know where to go, myself. This whole extraplanar thing is still new enough to me to feel insane at times." He grins. "Not that I'm complaining in the least, mind."

Aydn nods to Aurora as she goes to leave, "Tell him hello for me. Be safe on the way home, yeah?"
Ethain
Ethain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum