Weirdale Storytelling Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virtual Tabletop Tokens

Go down

Virtual Tabletop Tokens Empty Virtual Tabletop Tokens

Post by DM-Christian Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:15 pm

Alright, we're getting close to actually setting a session up, it won't be this coming sunday (Jan 8th) because Estelle has a prior engagement, but I doubt it'll take much longer.

That being said, I'd like to invite people to start looking for "tokens" for their characters to be used in Roll20. If I have a picture on my machine, I can add it to my "storage" on the DM end and put it on the board to represent your character. While a lot of the roll20 tokens are top down views of various monsters, we're not limited to that, as tokens can be sized up or down to fit in the squares of the virtual tabletop.

A quick google for "Roll20 custom tokens" can uncover some ideas and programs, or you can just take a picture of your character, or their face, or their HeroForge mini, or their TekTek dream avatar, or what have you, the sky's the limit. I do, however, need to receive these before our first session to add them to the campaign storage to place on the map.

If you're concerned about whether or not your token will fit on the map, you can always open up Roll20 as a DM, start a "test campaign" and play with the tools to see how well it can be manipulated to fit on the virtual table top!

And in case anyone was wondering, we will currently be using a square map, not hexagonal. Smile
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Virtual Tabletop Tokens Empty Re: Virtual Tabletop Tokens

Post by DM-Christian Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:21 pm

Oh, right, I should probably mention that you can send these tokens to dracontide (at) gmail (dot) com!
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum