Weirdale Storytelling Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion.

+2
DM-Estelle
DM-Christian
6 posters

Go down

D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion. Empty D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion.

Post by DM-Christian Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:33 pm

Ok, the forums are up, we've got some enthusiastic people, let's talk sessions for our virtual tabletop game.

Straight up, the only day I can consistently give a recreational undertaking is Sunday. Saturdays can be used on a case by case basis, but it is the first place that work goes when it needs hours, and family gets given to get together, and while there's nothing on the horizon now, I can't promise anything as a long time tradition.

Secondly, I'll be blunt, I'm still absorbing both 5th edition and Roll20, both are things I need to be passable at to run a session. Our first few sessions will be slow and plodding while we all learn together.

Finally, I'm sorry folks, but as much as we're being inclusive in utilizing a digital D&D medium, while Roll20 has a text chat system, it also has voice (and optional webcam) chat, and I do not have the time for typing. Voice chat is not optional for our sessions, it is an entrance requirement if I am DMing.

Throw out your schedules here, ask questions, make suggestions, let's start to hash this out!
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion. Empty Re: D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion.

Post by DM-Christian Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 pm

I should also throw in here that I don't expect this be a weekly thing, we'll take the frequency as it comes, I suspect that tag teaming with Estelle will allow for more sessions than I am envisioning at the start, but speaking for me, my batteries don't auto charge like they did 20 years ago. Smile
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion. Empty Re: D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion.

Post by DM-Estelle Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:48 pm

First off: My schedule! Sessions I run will almost always be weekends. I have an 8 and a half hour day job every weekday from 8-4:30 Central time, and the commute is another hour. I also have a book to try and finish, and I work out on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I hate being so busy, but there it is.

TLDR version- my availability is (all times are in CST):
Monday- 5:30-9:30P
Tuesday- Crying about how busy I am
Wednesday- 5:30-9:30P
Thursday- Crying about how busy I am
Friday- 5:30-Whenever. I have a D&D game I play in person, and it frequently falls on Friday nights, but it is not every week.

Saturday: Sweet Freedom
Sunday: I have to start going to bed at 9:30

This schedule is pretty set. My job hours do not change. I do have federal holidays off.

I can do forum and email stuff all day any day, with the expected understanding that if I'm at work, my responses will probably be really slow.

Finally, if I am DMing a roll 20 session, I would prefer we all used voice chat, but I do not require it.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 pm

DM-Estelle wrote:I do not require it.

I'm pretty sure Estelle can type faster than I can talk.
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keikat25 Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Just to clarify: are players allowed to listen on voice chat while typing back, or is everyone expected to speak and typing is disallowed?
keikat25
keikat25

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:59 pm

I would really rather not muddy the waters with "oh soandso is typing, hang on."
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:59 pm

I'll be using voice chat myself, of course. Bear in mind though, fair warning! If you don't use voice chat and I need to draw attention to what your character said, I maaaaaay act it out on your behalf? Twisted Evil
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:00 pm

keikat25 wrote:Just to clarify: are players allowed to listen on voice chat while typing back, or is everyone expected to speak and typing is disallowed?

It would bother Christian. That wouldn't bother me.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jagd/Liadin Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:57 am

You know that if @keikat25 and I are in the same voice chat, ya'll are gonna be confused which one is the big wolf eating face, and the unseelie faerie melting face! Razz

my schedule is

Monday: ?????????
Tuesday: ????????
Wednesday: ?????????
Thursday: ????????
Friday: !!!!!!! Sad((((
Saturday: ????????
Sunday: ?????????

for realsies. I get shifted for clopening more and more regularly now, which means I'm a zombie who turns into a pumpkin at midnight.

I work evenings and weekends predominantly, and when the LARP season starts, I will be attending at least one with some regularity because I'm on staff again (why do i do this to myself).

The next two months are going to be bonkers, but there is a glimmer of hope that things will become more stable after that point.

TLDR: Sunday will work for me but I will totes turn into a punkin at midnight or slightly before.
Jagd/Liadin
Jagd/Liadin

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:59 am

Whatever session time we end up with on, what looks to be sunday, will have to be "day shift bedtime friendly" because Estelle is permanent nine-to-five'er, and I am the same 50% of the time. Smile
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keikat25 Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:38 am

Oh, it's even better than that, Cas: I'm playin Astariel the druid. Half the time she's gonna be shapeshifted into a big wolf gnawing on faces!

With that said, you guys are 2-3 hrs ahead of my time zone, so I'm not worried about when game ends. However, most days I won't be available before noon PST. Somehow I'm not expecting that to be a problem.
keikat25
keikat25

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Garou/Lia wrote:my schedule is

Monday: ?????????
Tuesday: ????????
Wednesday: ?????????
Thursday: ????????
Friday: !!!!!!! Sad((((
Saturday: ????????
Sunday: ?????????

THAT FEEL. I KNOW IT SO WELL. My old job.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BorkBork Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm

As it stands for me right now, I have Masons every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month and I have a regular D&D group on alternating Sunday evenings.  I work a desk job, Mon-Fri, 9-5 and am about a 20-30 minute drive from work.  I can do some evenings during the week, I can do voice chat.  The alternating Wednesdays and Sundays are the only regular commitments I have.
BorkBork
BorkBork

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Christian Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:14 pm

BorkBork wrote:As it stands for me right now, I have Masons every 2nd and 4th Wednesday-

D&D sessions and schedule - The early discussion. S%C3%ADmbolo_de_los_Stonecutters

In all seriousness, glad you can join us, Andrew Smile
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tackett Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:47 am

i work on sundays from 2-4pm, but other than that most weekend are perfectly free for me.
Tackett
Tackett

Back to top Go down

Post by DM-Estelle Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:57 am

Tackett wrote:i work on sundays from 2-4pm, but other than that most weekend are perfectly free for me.

GOD TACKETT HOW ARE WE SUPPOSED TO WORK AROUND THAT SCHEDULE!? Evil or Very Mad

*That was intended as sarcasm, and I belatedly realized that you weren't INCLUDING your week day schedule. I thought you meant to say that you only worked on Sundays 2-4.
DM-Estelle
DM-Estelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tackett Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 am

unless i'm visiting family, wrestling's on, i'm playing another video, i'm sleeping, or watching tv. But i mean other than that I'm free.
Tackett
Tackett

Back to top Go down

Post by Tackett Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 am

During the week I make my own schedule for the most part, so i can work around whatever usually.
Tackett
Tackett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down