Weirdale Storytelling Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Viper falls

Go down

After Viper falls Empty After Viper falls

Post by DM-Christian Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:41 am

Cyclonius storms into the private chamber of Empress Ashreyna, pointing for two black dragonspawn to leave them alone, which they do after a look at the empress, who smirks and dismisses them.

Her deep, resonant voice has a smile a mile wide in it.

"Cyclonius, allow me to congratulate you on a battle well won, I take it our friends in Weirdale took the bait."

"They did, Empress."

"Excellent, and now Chlorianara has a new home.  Khryos is well and truly avenged. You should be happy. Did you come to celebrate?"

"You know that I did not." His voice is tight and clipped.

"Have you come to lecture me on honour and morality?  You will of course note that abandoning these ideas was what won the day today, yes?"

"I do. I know all too well."

"Oh Cyclonius, why have you come to rain on my parade?!  You followed your orders, that stupid island has fallen, its ancient power broken and replaced by the power of the obsid-"

"Empress, with all due respect, I'd rather not discuss that."

"You don't like winning?"

"I like it just fine when it is done cleanly. This was sloppy and was devoid of true glory. How do you expect to hold that land?"

"I gave it to Chlorianara, you know that."

"Then it is lost. She is mad."

"She has embraced the whispers in her lovers' absence."

"Her lover? Or her fellow slave?"

"Pfft... They were commanded by the throne and they served, as do you.  Do you come to this place to blaspheme, Cyclonius? That would not end well for you."

There is a deep rumble in the chamber, as if the molten lava flowing around them was voicing its assent of her words.

"I am tired of you threatening me, Ashreyna.  You have gone too far with this alien power.  Take these lands with the power of tooth and fire, why use this... this gift that we do not understand?"

"Your ignorance will be your undoing, Cyclonius. Tread carefully."

"I am ancient and as powerful as you, Ashreyna!"

"Do you challenge me?" The question hangs dangerously in the air.

"No, I caution you. I am concerned for you, Ashreyna. Step down from that throne. Join me in the sky and let us win this by our own might!"

"Pfft... first the blacks annoy me and now you."

"What of the blacks?  Why were they here?"

"Oh Cyclonius, I told you your attack was the diversion."

"Yes, you have. Many times. I have not forgotten."

"Yes, well I had other business in Weirdale."

"... With whom?"

"It is of no concern-"

"You used ACRYDANA'S ASSASSINS WHILE I FOUGHT AN ALREADY DIRTY BATTLE?"

"They failed, Cyclonius.  Your honour is-"

"SHUT UP ABOUT MY HONOUR! IT IS DEAD THANKS TO YOU!  WHO DID YOU TRY TO KILL, ASHREYNA?"

"Some defectors hiding in their cells-"

"OUR OWN PEOPLE?! YOU SENT ACRYDANA'S KNIVES AFTER OUR OWN PEOPLE?!"

"We don't have 'people,' Cyclonius, we have us, and we have cattle that worship us!"

"I will not deny that we have underlings, but we are nothing without an army and this will damage morale and loyalty if it gets out!"

"Then we will flog them into line. I'm sorry, did you turn Metallic when I wasn't looking? I think it's time the Whispers spoke to you directly!"

"I think its' time for your whispers to get out of my eternity, Ashreyna!"

"You DARE blaspheme in this hall?!  I will have your-"

"You will have my resignation. Kill me if you must, we're through!"

She stands slowly. "You... dare... defy me...?"

"I do... For you are not the only power on this world, Ashreyna."

With that he turns to walk away, and Ashreyna rises from her seat.

"Cyclonius!  Come back here! I Command you! Do not turn your back on me!"

Her voice, changing from angry humanoid to roaring dragon, follows him as he walks out of her lair, and flies away.

Inside, the lava speaks to her, the throne speaks to her.... and she is appeased.  Soon she would kill them all. Weirdale, Cyclonius... all would fall beneath her molten rage.  

They would all burn ... soon enough...
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down