Weirdale Storytelling Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Weirdale forums!

Go down

Welcome to the Weirdale forums! Empty Welcome to the Weirdale forums!

Post by DM-Christian Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:55 pm

Greetings friends new and old!  Welcome to the official forums for the Weirdale roleplay and RPG community!  On behalf of myself and DM-Estelle, I'd like to thank you for joining us here at our central information and interaction hub for so many different mediums that we try to enable fun escapism into!

I'm not going to keep you long with rulesy posts and such, just point out a few obvious things and direct you around the forums a bit.

First off, I could post the world's longest and most extensive rule set for usage of the forums itself, but I mean really, we're all adults here, we shouldn't need that, and if you are the kind that does, why are you here?  Who let you in?

Seriously though, generally speaking:

1) <- There is a #1 next to this for a reason.  The first and most important rule is if you prove to not belong here, you will be removed. It's the subjective, ultimate rule that governs everything, and no, it won't be quantified further.  Most if not all people that belong here don't need me to dwell on this point, so I won't.

2) Stuff for the in character forums: they are for roleplay, don't be a jerk and don't leave each other hanging.  We're all about inclusion and enabling all schedules to partake, but if you want to be involved with forum RP, try to respect that everyone partaking is just as excited about reading your responses as you are to read theirs.  In case you need a number: a week is way too long to leave an incomplete scene hanging, please don't do that to the other posters.  I think a good rule is you should probably not commit to a thread unless you can post at least once a day. The one exception to "pace expectation" would be in the case of new characters. The vortex gate can generally only be tended to by players making new characters and DMs. Because of this, DMs cannot necessarily be expected to keep up with new player additions, within a foreseeable pace, while there is other activity on the site that they are involved in.  I also don't see a reason to put a maximum thread lifespan time on an ongoing thread (apparently that's a thing on some sites). In case it needed to be said, it's not a combat-enabled medium, so don't motivate yourself into combat unless you're agreed with the other author(s) how things are going to end.  Obvious stuff. Smile

3)  Please help us make this work by applying logical disbelief suspension where applicable, as it relates to bridging the various mediums we'll be exploring and roleplaying in.  Why can't you fight on the forums?  Because it's on the forums, "why am I not a tiefling in RIFT?" Because there are no tieflings in RIFT, use your imagination, we'll roll with it, because we're not jerks. Don't be asking those "what is my motivation" type questions where it's obvious that "because fun" is the obvious OOC answer.

Ok, I made it to three rules!  Seriously, that was a stretch!  Have fun on the forums! If you have any questions, ask them here and maybe we'll actually flesh the rules out more as needed!  Exclamation points!

Some points of interest:

The Codex!  The subforum of this general OOC forum is full of information to let you in on our setting!

The Vortex Gate!  The roleplay forum where you can introduce your character!

The Facebook group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/938112906223634/ , because facebook!

Last edited by DM-Christian on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the "DMs and the vortex gate" bit to the part about the forums and pace.)
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Weirdale forums! Empty Re: Welcome to the Weirdale forums!

Post by DM-Christian Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:44 pm

I've added to the bit about the RP forums concerning the vortex gate, DMs, and posting pace.
DM-Christian
DM-Christian
Admin

https://weirdale.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down